At Island Family Counselling Centre, we value the health and safety of our clients, therapists, and the community at large. We have created several protocols in order to mitigate the risk of transmission.
- We want you to know that we are doing our best to provide a safe and sanitary environment in our offices.
- We are staggering clients to allow time to air out the room, clean all touched surfaces, and avoid a congested waiting room.
- Clients and therapists have the opportunity to wash their hands before and after the session.
- Social distancing will be practiced in the waiting room and counselling offices with clients and therapists sitting 6 feet apart.
- There are also remote counselling options. Tele-counselling (video-calls or phone calls) are offered. Please call our office or talk to your counsellor to determine if this would be a good option for you.
- We ask that clients cancel their appointment if they are feeling unwell. Please contact your counsellor regarding their cancellation policy.
- We will update our guidelines based on provincial recommendations.
- Our goal is to continue to support our cherished community during this challenging time. Please contact us for further information.